Undegraduate Scholarships for Medicine 2022
Medicine is one of the most challenging courses ever. Also, it is one of the most expensive courses out there. Hence, students who wish to study medicine are always searching for undergraduate scholarships for medical students to back them up.
In this post, you’ll learn about some of the best undergraduate scholarships for medical students. Furthermore, the post shall contain details on their value, eligibility requirements, and application process. Therefore, don’t go anywhere but stick with this post to the end to find out everything you need.
Some of the top undergraduate scholarships for medical students include:
- Wells Mountain Foundation Empowerment Scholarships
- Taiwan International Higher Education Program
- SGU Commonwealth Jubilee Program
- Japanese Government Scholarships for International Students
Wells Mountain Foundation Empowerment Scholarships
The Wells Mountain Foundation created the platform known as the Empowerment Through Education (ETE) program. Through this program, they provide undergraduate scholarships to international students.
Again, the primary target of the program is citizens of developing countries. Also, students can either study in their home country or a closeby country. It also gives about fifty to sixty scholarships every season.
The scholarship has a value that ranges from $300 to $3,000, depending on the year. However, the average amount is $1,500. Importantly, it is renewable throughout the entire length of the education.
Moreover, it covers tuition and other expenses, including accommodation, study materials, feeding, etc.
The platform is after students from developing countries. Also:
- They must have graduated from secondary school with excellent grades.
- Candidates must choose to study in their country or another country. However, it must be a developing country.
- They must be pursuing their first bachelor’s degree or diploma.
- Every candidate must be under 35 years old.
- The candidates must be going for a course that will benefit their overall community. Moreover, it must be a course that promotes the country’s growth. For instance, medicine is one of the best courses to select.
- Every candidate has to demonstrate their financial need even if they have a minor source of income.
- They must plan to live in their country after graduating and working.
- Notably, the foundation has strong beliefs in the power of community service and tries to implement it. Therefore, the candidates need to volunteer at least 100 hours per year.
Interested persons can apply in two ways. Firstly, they can apply online through the scholarship application portal on the site. Secondly, they can apply through postal mail to the Foundation’s office though the former is preferable.
Conclusively, all applicants should ensure they complete their application before the deadline.
Taiwan International Higher Education Program
This scholarship program targets the development and promotion of their partner developing countries. Interestingly, it assists them in achieving sustainable development through education. Again, it offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and Ph.D. programs in its partner universities in Taiwan.
The scholarship is a full one that covers tuition, airfare, housing, insurance, and study materials. Also, students receive a monthly allowance for other expenses. Furthermore, interested persons may visit the website for more details on the value.
- Applicants must meet the general eligibility criteria of the funding. They can easily access it on the scholarship website.
- They must be citizens of the eligible countries for the TaiwanICDF scholarships.
- All applicants must meet the regulations of the ROC (Taiwan) National Immigration Agency, including residence, visiting, and other policies.
- Whichever university the applicants pick, they must satisfy the criteria specific to the institution.
The application system is available online. Hence, applicants should get all their documents for the application ready. After completing online, send a signed and printed copy of the application to your country’s ROC (Taiwan) representative.
Lastly, all applicants should complete the application process before the deadline.
SGU Commonwealth Jubilee Program
St. George University is out to honour outstanding students and help them accelerate in their academics. In their Commonwealth Jubilee Program, they offer up to 60 full-tuition scholarships. It commemorates the 60 years of the reign of the Queen as Head of the Commonwealth of Nations.
SGU covers all countries under the Commonwealth of Nations. Also, it is specific to certain programs, with medicine being the top.
The funds cover only the tuition. Therefore, it expects students to be financially fit to cover the feeding and other living expenses. Hence, they should be able to pay these funds through their resources.
The applicant must meet the minimum requirements:
- They must be residents of a Commonwealth country
- St. George University must have offered them admission
- They must follow through the application process rightly
The applicants must complete an online application form. Most importantly, they will write an essay that details how the scholarship will benefit them and their country. Lastly, the deadline is very dynamic, so visit the website for information on the dates and submit before then.
Japanese Government Scholarships for International Students
If your country has diplomatic relations with the Japanese government, you should give this funding a shot. Indeed, you have a chance at one of the best undergraduate scholarships. The Ministry of Education, Culture, Science, and Technology (MEXT) funds international students who wish to study in Japanese universities.
There is no specific number of scholarships that the school offers. Also, it is only in line with courses under Social Sciences and Humanities and Natural Sciences.
The scholarship covers tuition with other schooling fees and costs. Hence, it goes up to 117,000 yen monthly with additional stipends for research or travels as the course requires.
Furthermore, it lasts for five years of study with an extra year for preparatory Japanese language. Applicants may view the scholarship site for more information.
There are a handful of requirements for interested persons to meet. They include:
- They must be from a country with diplomatic relations with the Japanese government. Japanese citizens are not eligible.
- Applicants should be between 18 to 25 years.
- They must meet all educational requirements, most especially excellent grades.
- Candidates should have no health conditions. Furthermore, they will need confirmation from a physician to confirm this.
- A student visa is compulsory
- All applicants should be willing to learn the Japanese language
Kindly visit the scholarship website for more info on the eligibility
The candidates will submit all necessary documents to the Japanese diplomatic mission available in their respective countries. However, they should keep in mind that the application process differs from country to country. Finally, visit the scholarship site for more info.