CSIR: Full-Stack Software Developer Internships 2022
Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) is providing an internship program that will create employment channels for the unemployed youth and also place them on a platter of gold as it gives them easy access to their dreams.
Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) will begin its search for a youth and vibrant graduate to operate with them, to apply for Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) program 2022-2023 use the link below
Internship Location: Pretoria, Gauteng
Internship Closing Date: 16 May 2022
Details On How To Apply
Internship: Full-Stack Software Developer
About the job:
The CSIR has an internship opportunity for an Intern in the Networked Systems and Applications impact area, within the Next Generation Enterprises and Institutions Cluster. The purpose of the Internship is to provide graduates with an opportunity to gain practical work experience by undertaking research, design, develop, maintain and support a variety of enterprise Java based systems relating to wireless communication and networks within the Spectrum Access and Management Innovation (SAMI) research group. This position is based in Pretoria.
For more info about the cluster, please visit https://www.csir.co.za/nextgen-enterprises-and-institutions
- Develop and implement bespoke operational programs as part of an overall system;
- Contribute within a team to develop, configure, test and validate code modules implementing system requirements to meet business needs;
- Liaise with the senior project members to ensure that the outcomes of projects meet the needs of the stakeholders; and
- Document, deploy, test, and maintain code modules, working with other team members.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer/electrical/electronic engineering or information technology;
- An Honours or Master’s degree will be advantageous;
- Basic understanding of open-source development tools;
- A good understanding of the Linux OS;
- Knowledge of software architecture and Object-Oriented programming;
- The following knowledge will be advantageous:
- Experience with JSON and JSON RPC-2;
- Experience with build automation tools – Maven;
- Application servers;
- Scrum/Agile environment; and
- Basic understanding of Java SE, Java EE, Spring Framework (Spring boot, Spring Security);
- Working with Version Control Systems – GIT;
- Analytical and problem solving skills; and
- Applicants must be South African citizens.
- All international qualifications require an evaluation report/certificate issued by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
How to apply
Click here to apply online for CSIR: Full-Stack Software Developer Internships 2022